Why Our Pub is Great
Situated next to the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal, which cuts across the River Stour, The Waggon & Horses pub is a perfect place to eat out in Wolverhampton. We’re in the village of Wombourne, just south of Wolverhampton itself and close to The Staffordshire Golf Club—in other words, a great spot for a 19th hole drink or a post-match meal!
Alongside our star attraction of moist, tender rotisserie chicken, slow-cooked in our oven to achieve the perfect crispy skin. We serve a daily menu of British pub classics done well with traditional accompaniments and a few imaginative extras.
Looking for sweet satisfaction? You’ll get it when you order one of our sinfully-delicious desserts! Superbly sweet and comforting, our puds have been created with the same mixture of lovely traditional feel and innovative modern flavours.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Dishes are always freshly prepared using quality ingredients; like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, our responsibly-fished cod and haddock and the langoustine tails in our golden Whitby scampi that are fished in UK waters.
Book a table for a special occasion, or call in for a week day treat. Our pub is suitable for every occasion when you can be sure you’ll have the best pies, burgers, steaks and curries as well as our signature rotisserie chicken on offer. You’ll also find exclusive dishes created by our chefs in our annual Chef of the Year competition.View our Menus